Friday, June 26, 2009

Week 4 The Journey Ahead


Grayhawk68. (artist). (2009). Lotusphere 2009-93. Retrieved June 28, 2009, from


The thesis and media project are vast upon us and yet I'm not sure what tools will best execute my vision for the media portion. Ordinary presentations/lectures just don't cut it with today's twenty-first century learners. Incorporating audience response system clickers is to the problem. It's finding the ultimate applications that will help create a balance between student interaction and the flow of content knowledge. I hope to incorporate text, video, and animation as needed and maybe even sneak a little gaming element in as well. My main struggle is that the CPS clickers that I intend to incorporate function primarily through the use of Power Point or a slightly less flexible program that comes with the clickers. After reading The Art of Possibility I really need to examine what unintentional barriers that I'm throwing up. I need to go from here and see what possibilities lie ahead and move forward without reservation or fear of failure. I desperately need to apply "Rule Number Six" and just go for it full force.

1 comment:

jbb said...

I'm impressed that you are taking a very practical lesson/spin from Art of Possibility. That is wonderful that you are seeing beforehand the need to look for much more than the "normal" question/click scenario. Wonderful.