Sunday, June 21, 2009

Week 3 Podcasts & iTunes

Delgado, D. (artist). (2009). 74/365...Music Please. [photo]. Retrieved June 21, 2009, from

Until this program I never really used iTunes and it has opened up a whole new world right at my fingertips. When I first started to search for podcasts, I just used a search engine which was some what effective. I was a little frustrated so I looked to see what others had used and saw that many had searched iTunes. The amount of free podcasts blew my mind, plus the ability to purchase episodes of my favorite Mythbusters...who could ask for more. Through searching for content videos earlier in the school year, I came across great short videos through the history channel website as well as using google video search. Letting students see how coins and money were made resulted in a more invested student. Students could see camouflage in action and were able to capture a vivid memory to add to their background knowledge. Like Alice said, podcasts would make a great learning center with endless possibilities. Students could learn a song, review vocabulary, listen and then write, and the list could go on.

No comments: